Managed IT is gaining ground in Metro Detroit and the rest of the country’s small to medium businesses, but when entrepreneurs hesitate, it’s usually about the fear of handing over your company to the hands of your service provider. How do you maintain control and give your teams and employees the assurance that things are well in hand, instead of out of your hands?
That’s a lot of hands, and that means a lot of risk of things falling through.
At Simply Technology, our experience has taught us how companies, no matter the size, can maintain control of what they outsource. Like everything else in your business, it boils down to good planning and management and the internal communication that entails.
- Set up open communication: information should flow freely. If you haven’t yet, form teams, elect leaders within those teams. Hold regular meetings to share updates on your managed IT services and the goals of each team and the tools needed to reach those goals.
- Open communication leads to timely and maintained balance between what your teams need and what your managed IT can accomplish. You can all agree on what to prioritize instead of having one group (or several) always feeling neglected. Note that the groups include your customers as much as your employees–and the customer isn’t always the priority. Sometimes, in order to serve your customers better, you may have to place your employees’ top of mind for a short while.
- Establish accountability both internally and to your managed IT service provider to ensure people do what they say they will.
- Compatibility and communication are essential for efficiency. Your provider should match your company culture and energy, and keep communication open with your teams to avoid the frustration of misunderstandings.
- Recognize the goals of your provider as much as your company’s goals and meet in the middle. You want to cut costs and get quality services– your managed IT service company also wants to cut service delivery costs and increase revenue. You’d be surprised at how flexible your provider can be when you compromise and consider mutual wins!
About Simply Technology
Simply Technology has been providing technology solutions for businesses in the Metro-Detroit market since 2010. We understand that technology can sometimes be very complex that’s why we believe in technology at its simplest form. We show this by offering our Voice and IT Services with all the features and industry leading customer service your business deserves.
We believe in thinking differently, we believe in people and what we can collectively achieve. We go to work every day to help our customers succeed!
27801 Harper Ave. Suite 100
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080