More and more businesses in Metro Detroit recognize the benefits of VoIP and switching over from POTS, aka plain old telephone service. VoIP gets you lower costs, more flexibility, features tailored for your business. But how do you know you’re picking the right telephony solution?
The following are just some of the most in-demand VoIP features for businesses:
- Caller ID
- Call conferencing
- Call recording
- Call forwarding
- Dial by name
- Simultaneous ring
- Call waiting
- Call notifications
- Do not disturb
- Auto attendant
- Virtual extensions
- Music on hold
- Number portability
- Hunt group
- Group paging
- Find me/Follow me
- Business SMS
- Mobil App
It can be daunting when you’re considering the switch from POTS to VoIP. Here’s a few points to help you out, and what to ask providers.
- The first step is to figure out which functions you’d like and need. Does the provider offer custom packages tailored to your needs? Go to the provider’s website or talk to their reps.
- Will there be a contract, or lock-in period for the provider/company or the package you pick?
- What is and isn’t included in the package you’re getting or the quote they gave you. Intercontinental/long distance rates, call forwarding costs, and any other expenses– none should surprise you in your monthly bills.
- Would you be able to use the same numbers? If not, you’ll have to announce it to your social media, update your websites and other company materials, etc.
- Would all the hardware be included in your package or the quote they give you? Some providers may bill you separately for routers, modems, and of course phones, etc– although VoIP doesn’t need much hardware compared to other telephony installations!
- Do network outages happen? How often? For this, look at clients’ testimonials about your provider’s reliability and speedy technical support.
Simply Technology offers business VoIP, while many providers in Detroit, MI focus on home-based, personal VoIP. Depending on the provider, business VoIP can easily scale from small to large. Functions your business needs in the immediate can be different from functions you’d potentially need later when your enterprise has grown, AND what your cousin’s store is using could be different from what YOUR office needs.
Once you’ve determined the needs of your business, talk to us!
About Simply Technology
Simply Technology has been providing technology solutions for businesses in the Metro-Detroit market since 2010. We understand that technology can sometimes be very complex that’s why we believe in technology at its simplest form. We show this by offering our Voice and IT Services with all the features and industry leading customer service your business deserves.
We believe in thinking differently, we believe in people and what we can collectively achieve. We go to work every day to help our customers succeed!
27801 Harper Ave. Suite 100
St. Clair Shores, MI 48080